AD

Friday, December 30, 2011

Craftin' it up!: My first go at making little plush toys

 You know, when I get back to studying again... I don't think I would be very active creating posts for this blog any more. Poo. :(

Okay so for the past  two weeks, I've gotten into making little cute felt toys!
The first couple of toys I did..... Oh boy did I fail....
I lost complete motivation... But after looking at my bundle of unused felt, I couldn't let it go to waste!

(By the way, do you guys like my new banner!!! :D and I've added tabs too *yay*)

Well this is a post to show my progress into creating felt toys over the past week.

I never realised that the felt toys had to have more than 2 sides to be 3d.... 
Yeah... I'm silly. So, mind me.

Rabbit, Bear & Heart:
I never realised that the felt toys had to have more than 2 sides to be 3d.... 
Yeah... I'm silly. So, mind me.
I made these a few days ago.... It was depressing after finishing it because they were so incredibly ugly and odd-shaped. :(

So I made a little sack for them to go in to make them look cute!

Sack for all the goodies:
Hehe, it can tie up too!


After being a bit sad for a few hours... I stayed up til' 4am making these next little felt pieces.

Strawberry:
I made this in the most complicated way possible... I realised shortly afterwards that I could have done it in a so much easier way which would have taken up half the time! :(

Egg tart:
One of my boyfriend's favourite sweets are egg tarts, so I decided to make him a little keychain of it :3

Tomato:

The next morning, I wanted to make a little tomato!
It's the teensiest thing ever!!!


Christmas Tree:
I made this at 6am on Christmas... Damn my sleeping habits. 
Check out my tutorial for it here if you're interested

Bear:
I made this yesterday! I cut 4 pieces to make it 3d :D 
I was super happy with the results because it looked like a bear...
But the ears are crooked and so is he elastic hanging thing :( booo

Panda:
I think this is the most symmetrical plush I've made so far!
I stitched on the ears after sewing everything together :)
And I think the fabric is perfect for the skin of the panda!

Yay, I hope you enjoyed this post!
I hope I get better at this!!!
By the way, I bought a Hello Kitty advent calender from Big W last month because it was the cutest thing ever!

Well, it's past Christmas and I still haven't finished it ;(
Chocolate is so boring. After opening so many I secretly hoped for a gummy one to pop up. Oh well.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment