AD

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Craftin' it up!: My progress into mastering the art of crocheting

I think in the past month and a half I've gone through a lot of craft phases..........
One moment knitting, next felt plushies, then crocheting and now a bit of jewellery.

I began crocheting a few weeks ago and I'm having a lot of fun with it! It's my favourite out of all the crafts I've learnt so far.

 Here is a timeline of my pieces starting from when I first began. I only started buying the yarn I wanted to use recently... So the yarn I'm using in the first few pics are scraps from my knitting days (hehe... days)

Before I got into crocheting, I watched videos and videos and after being fed up I gave up.
But the little crocheting needles were calling me to come and have a go again so I did...

24th December 2011
Here is my first ever crocheted piece! I used scrap yarn that I had kept from year 6 hehe.
I was so excited with the outcome! It was meant to be a circle... I don't know why it turned into a semi circle.
The little piece on the left was a mistake I had made :(

3rd January 2012
My second crocheted piece. I don't know what I was crocheting this time. I just wanted it to become a circle but instead it turned into a scoop of rainbow icecream. I really like it though.
The yarn I used was really hard to handle since it kept knotting up... I had to buy yarn quick!

6th January 2012
I made a trip to Spotlight and purchased a cream shade of acrylic yarn. Again, I didn't know what I was going for and it ended up turning into a mushroom!

7th January 2012
At first I was just knitting a ball and decided to add some pieces to make it into a bunny! The ears were a bit complicated to make :(. And the eyes aren't in properly since I hadn't secured the inside... Which I can't secure as I've already closed up the opening.

8th January 2012
Two little dumpings... I made these two little guys starting off with a magic ring. The turned out so big! I hink I'll turn them into mushrooms.. Or little onigiri snacks.

9th January 2012
 
I went to Big W and purchased brown/greyish yarn. 
I decided to make a mushroom ornament for my boyfriend's car.

 10th January 2012
I went to Vinnies looking for some cheap yarn... I found red yarn for $1! Yay! Sooo cheap.
So I decided to make a mushroom.
The second image is the first and second attempt at making the perfect bottom spool for my mushroom. I ended up sleeping at 4am.

What's with me and mushrooms? I don't know.


I'm still have quite a bit to go before I can say that I'm good at crocheting.
It's really challenging since 80% of the items I crochet, I have no idea what I'm doing....


No comments:

Post a Comment