AD

Monday, February 6, 2012

What have I achieved so far in the past 3 months... (Jan/2012)

Since I finished my course at tafe in October, I aimed to make the most out of the spare time I've had and do everything I dreamed of!
But progress has been super slow since I had trouble finding affordable items using scrap pieces around my room and buying off eBay...

So so far, I have learnt and achieved the following....

* The basic structure and creating the net for making plushies (post)
- I'm not very good at this still, once I sew the inside, I reverse it and it turns into a completely different shape! :( I don't think I'm looking to improve though... Making plushies are so boring compared to crocheting!
* Knitted a complete scarf! (Using size 10 knitting needles... It still counts!)
* Learnt how to crochet and do basic stitches and understood how it would effect my piece when I use these stitches (double, half, treble, increasing, decreasing and slipstitch)
* Made a dress for my new toy arsy (post)
* Posted my first D.I.Y for creating a plush and a Christmas card (here & here)
* I've semi-learnt how to put together jewelery *yay*... Haven't had much practice yet!
* How to start off a sewing machine- Threading, bobbin stuff and all that jazz.
*Learnt how to cook super duper simple Vietnamese dishes

Yay, I'm satisfied I think

I don't have a picture that relates to this post................
So, yeah....
This is Hello Kitty dressed as Melody.
I got her from a $1 capsule machine in Canada. Soph and I were obsessed with those things! They were unbelievably cheap and had the cutest toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment